[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - Chipmunk.def for 6.0.3 and VisualStudio 2010/09

Chipmunk.def for 6.0.3 and VisualStudio 2010/09

Official forum for the .

Chipmunk.def for 6.0.3 and VisualStudio 2010/09

Postby aisman » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Chipmunk4PB: The fastest way to write games together with PureBasic and the Chipmunk physics engine.
aisman

Re: Chipmunk.def for 6.0.3 and VisualStudio 2010/09

Postby slembcke » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Oh, shoot. I forgot to check if the MSVC project was up to date before releasing that. :-\
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby roflha » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:36 am

I am not sure why, but this .def file is not working for me on the vc2010 project file.

When I try to compile in either of the DLL builds, I receive a bunch of lines like
1>chipmunk.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _cpArbiterGetBodies

All I did was created a file named chipmunk.def and put it in the Chipmunk-6.0.3\msvc\vc10\chipmunk folder. I then tried to build it with vs2010 and, well, I already said that part.

Any advice?
roflha

Postby aisman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Of course you have to define the CHIPMUNK_FFI preprocessor flag: add it to the preprocesser section on VS2010
Chipmunk4PB: The fastest way to write games together with PureBasic and the Chipmunk physics engine.
aisman

Postby roflha » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Ah thank you, didn't know I had to do that.
Edit: Similar question, I can compile the library now, but the demo will not compile for me. I added the same preprocessor definition into the demo project as I did the chipmunk project, but now I am getting
"2>Bench.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _cpSpaceNew"

I also tried adding the chipmunk.lib as an additional linker dependency but that failed too.
roflha

Postby aisman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Compile Chipmunk and Demo as static lib anf you will get the demo.exe
aisman

Postby hamlatzis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:45 am

Similar problem with MS Visual Studio 2005 Prof and MS Visual Studio 2008 Express. DLL doesn't link with infinite unresolved externals.

If I create as suggested as a library then the demo has some unresolved externals

1>ChipmunkDemo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int bench_count" (?bench_count@@3HA)
1>ChipmunkDemo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct ChipmunkDemo * bench_list" (?bench_list@@3PAUChipmunkDemo@@A)
1>ChipmunkDemo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct ChipmunkDemo Slice" (?Slice@@3UChipmunkDemo@@A)
1>ChipmunkDemo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct ChipmunkDemo Buoyancy" (?Buoyancy@@3UChipmunkDemo@@A)
1>ChipmunkDemo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct ChipmunkDemo ContactGraph" (?ContactGraph@@3UChipmunkDemo@@A)
1>ChipmunkDemo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct ChipmunkDemo Crane" (?Crane@@3UChipmunkDemo@@A)
1>ChipmunkDemo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct ChipmunkDemo Chains" (?Chains@@3UChipmunkDemo@@A)
1>ChipmunkDemo.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct ChipmunkDemo BouncyHexagons" (?BouncyHexagons@@3UChipmunkDemo@@A)
1>chipmunk.lib(cpSpace.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cpBBTreeSetVelocityFunc referenced in function _cpSpaceInit
1>chipmunk.lib(cpSpace.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cpBBTreeNew referenced in function _cpSpaceInit
1>chipmunk.lib(cpSpace.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cpSpatialIndexFree referenced in function _cpSpaceDestroy
1>chipmunk.lib(cpSpaceHash.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "struct cpSpatialIndex * __cdecl cpSpatialIndexInit(struct cpSpatialIndex *,struct cpSpatialIndexClass *,struct cpBB (__cdecl*)(void *),struct cpSpatialIndex *)" (?cpSpatialIndexInit@@YAPAUcpSpatialIndex@@PAU1@PAUcpSpatialIndexClass@@P6A?AUcpBB@@PAX@Z0@Z) referenced in function _cpSpaceHashInit
1>chipmunk.lib(cpSpaceHash.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cpSpatialIndexCollideStatic referenced in function "void __cdecl cpSpaceHashReindexQuery(struct cpSpaceHash *,void (__cdecl*)(void *,void *,void *),void *)" (?cpSpaceHashReindexQuery@@YAXPAUcpSpaceHash@@P6AXPAX11@Z1@Z)
1>Debug DLL\demo.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals
hamlatzis

Postby slembcke » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:32 pm

It looks like you aren't linking the demo modules maybe? Make sure all the other source files in the Demo/ directory are being linked.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby chrisanderman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 am

I had the same problem, and as it turns out the solution is simple. Slice.c is missing from the msvc 2010 project file. Oops! Someone must have forgot to add it.

To fix this just go to demo->Source Files. Right click Source Files and click Add->Existing Item. In the browser navigate up one folder, then go into the Demo folder and double-click on Slice.c.

It should build fine now. I'm going to submit this as a bug unless it has already been reported.
chrisanderman

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics