[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - crash while running the examples in OSX 10.8 (mountain lion)

crash while running the examples in OSX 10.8 (mountain lion)

Official forum for the .

crash while running the examples in OSX 10.8 (mountain lion)

Postby estebanlm » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 am

Hi,

I'm new to the list, and to chipmunk, and to game development :)
In fact, I'm not trying to do a game but a series of graphical experiments (for a kind of UI), and I need to simulate physics using Pharo (http://pharo-project.org) and Chipmunk.

Well, I just downloaded the library and opened the xcode projects and ran the demo to check what can I expect to replicate and I got a crash in the 3rd example (which of course, I don't know what it should show :)

The error occurs here:

cpPostStepCallback *
cpSpaceGetPostStepCallback(cpSpace *space, void *key)
{
cpArray *arr = space->postStepCallbacks;
for(int i=0; i<arr->num; i++){
cpPostStepCallback *callback = (cpPostStepCallback *)arr->arr[i];
if(callback->key == key) return callback; // <-- HERE
}

return NULL;
}

and because callback == NULL.

So, I really would like to have this examples running...

someone can help me?

Thanks,
Esteban
estebanlm

Re: crash while running the examples in OSX 10.8 (mountain l

Postby slembcke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 am

The Chipmunk 6.1.2 package from the website? I'll have to look into it and see if I can replicate the issue. I run the demos almost daily when developing Chipmunk and haven't run into anything. Not sure what's up with that.

The third demo also doesn't define any callbacks of any sort. Not sure why arr->num would be anything other than zero. If the crash happens again, could you use the debugger to get the value of arr->num?
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby slembcke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:20 am

Hrm. I have absolutely no idea what could cause that bug other than a memory smasher somewhere. The Plink demo never adds any post step callbacks, the array of post step callbacks is created with calloc() so it can't be accidentally reading garbage (and it really should have been crashing on that for years now if that was the case).

If you can replicate the issue any information you can give me about it would be helpful.
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby estebanlm » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16 pm

estebanlm

Postby slembcke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Ah. That's actually the last demo (they are keyed a through w). Looks like the issue is a regression that's triggered when the demo is exited. I'm guessing I didn't notice it because I quit once I got to the last demo and never switched out of it or restarted it. -_-

Anyway, I pushed a fix to the github project:
https://github.com/slembcke/Chipmunk-Physics
slembcke
Site Admin

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics