[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - <SOLVED>Collisions not coliding

<SOLVED>Collisions not coliding

Official forum for the .

<SOLVED>Collisions not coliding

Postby jcmeyer5 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Last edited by jcmeyer5 on Fri May 11, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chipmunk Pro and cocos2D 2.x branch for iOS development
jcmeyer5

Re: Collisions... nothing happening

Postby slembcke » Thu May 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby jcmeyer5 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 pm

jcmeyer5

Postby jcmeyer5 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Eureka!! I found it. My "begin" callback needed to be a BOOL return and not a void return. Once I fixed that, I started getting impact values and the circles bounced off properly.
jcmeyer5

Re: <SOLVED>Collisions not coliding

Postby jcmeyer5 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:04 am

I was able to migrate the collision code back to my original classes without incident. Sweetness!
jcmeyer5

Postby slembcke » Fri May 11, 2012 7:37 am

Also, cpArbiterTotalImpulse() (and other functions that deal with impact values) must be called from a post-solve callback. Otherwise the values you are asking for haven't been calculated yet.
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby jcmeyer5 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:56 am

Just figured that out too, as I was getting intermittent values. Moving it to the postSolve gives the results I am looking for. Thanks for the help. I am going to do a search to see if I can find more details on the differences in collision callbacks.
jcmeyer5

Postby jcmeyer5 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:43 pm

jcmeyer5

Postby slembcke » Fri May 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Aha! I think that is the same as a bug that I just fixed. It's... a little complicated to explain why it happens though. It has to do with separate callbacks that can be triggered immediately when removing objects, and scheduling post-step callbacks within them. Try updating to the latest code out of Git and see if your problem goes away.
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby jcmeyer5 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:59 pm

I will try the code Monday. I did find a work around with switching the callbacks. I put rock removal as postSolve and damage as separate. Not sure if that switch has ramifications that I have not yet considered, but it appears to be working well.
jcmeyer5

Next

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics