[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - Touches Crashes

Touches Crashes

Official forum for the .

Touches Crashes

Postby bizpo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:34 pm

bizpo

Re: Touches Crashes

Postby slembcke » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Make sure that you aren't accidentally grabbing a static shape when the finger comes back on screen. I would guess this is what is happening.

While I didn't write cpMouse, I assume it works similarly to my own mouse code. Creating a joint between an infinite mass object controlled by the mouse and whatever you grab. If you create a joint between two infinite mass objects you end up generating an unstoppable force and trying to apply it to an unmovable object. That is what the assertion is catching.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby bizpo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:54 pm

bizpo

Postby bizpo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 pm

I suppose the true question now is - how to add walls and objects that create obstacles for movable bodies without causing this problem. Thanks
bizpo

Postby slembcke » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:48 pm

I usually use the layers or groups to filter out queries to static shapes: https://github.com/slembcke/Chipmunk-Ph ... emo.c#L351

Alternatively, instead of using cpSpacePointQueryFirst() you can use cpSpacePointQuery() to get a list of all shapes at that point and filter them any way you want.
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby bizpo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:17 am

I haven't been able to code this yet. If you get a chance , I'd love to see the first part of your tutorial with the boxes and floor filter out the floor for mouse joints. Thanks.
bizpo

Postby slembcke » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:51 pm

That's what the link I posted above was. It's the code I use in the demo application for filtering the shapes you want to be grabbable.
slembcke
Site Admin

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics