[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - Grooved joint giving inconsistent results

Grooved joint giving inconsistent results

Official forum for the .

Grooved joint giving inconsistent results

Postby earltedly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:20 am

earltedly

Re: Grooved joint giving inconsistent results

Postby slembcke » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06 pm

I think you have your bodies backwards. The "groove" is on bodyA and the pin is on bodyB.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby earltedly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:49 am

Thanks for the reply.

Yep - definitely backwards! Thanks for pointing that out :)

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same problem, although a bit more consistently now.

Half the time, the body will come to rest too high, the other half too low, with some variation left and right.

Generally the higher the velocity when the joint is applied, the greater the error factor. I presume this is due to the joint not being able to correct things fast enough.

Is there a way I can tweak the maxForce, maxBias, and biasCoef to increase their powers of correction?
earltedly

Postby slembcke » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 am

Hmm. Is it possible to run the debug drawing code I have alongside your own graphics? That might help debug the problem by showing you exactly what the physics are trying to do. I'm not I understand exactly what the problem is without a picture and am not sure what advice to give you.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby earltedly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 am

I'll have a look and see if I can get it to run.
earltedly

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics