[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - Chipmunk 6.0.0 Released.

Chipmunk 6.0.0 Released.

Official forum for the .

Chipmunk 6.0.0 Released.

Postby slembcke » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Re: Chipmunk 6.0.0 Released.

Postby Android_X » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:53 am

Android_X

Postby slembcke » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Ah, thanks. Fixed that.
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby otibom » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Great job ! How was your camping week-end ? :)

I just have two questions.
1/ Do we still need to call cpInitChipmunk() ? The source code says it's deprecated.
2/ Is there an official way of knowing the type of a shape ? If not, would it be possible to have something like cpShapeIsCircle, cpShapeIsSegment and cpShapeIsPoly ? That would be great.
otibom

Postby slembcke » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:16 am

Pretty good. We went tubing down a river and had an independence day party yesterday.

Anyway.
1) Nope. cpInitChipmunk() is a no-op now. It does nothing now and is just a no-op. I suppose I should just completely remove the function. There really isn't a good reason to have the stub for it even.
2) Not in the public API no. I always use Chipmunk from an OO wrapper so I've never needed to do this. If you are comfortable using the private API and understand that it's not officially supported you can use shape->CP_PRIVATE(klass)->type to get the type.
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby otibom » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:05 pm

otibom

Postby slembcke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Hmm. Yeah it's very possible that it's not valid C++. It worked in MSVC and I thought I tested it in either GCC or Clang compiled as C++. It's been a few weeks though so I don't quite remember.

Anyway, the simple fix is just to make a getter function.
static inline cpSpatialIndexClass *Klass(){return &klass;}

Throw a prototype for it at the top of the file and let the linker do the rest. I committed a change for this to the 6.x branch. I still haven't gotten around to moving trunk to be the 6.x branch yet. >_>

edit: Haha, I just saw the comment at the top of cpBBTree.c. I must have been pretty grumpy that day. heh
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby otibom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Awesome !
Same thing for cpSpaceHash.c (line 174) and cpSweep1D.c (line 27) though. :D

edit : here's a svn patch : http://pastie.org/pastes/2198288/text
otibom

Postby slembcke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Hah. Figures. I probably should have checked that right away...

Thanks a bunch.
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby TomorrowPlusX » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:35 am

I'm having a build issue, using Xcode 4.0 & LLVM

Line 130 of cpSpace.c
space->staticBody = space->_staticBody;

cpSpace.c: error: Semantic Issue: Assigning to 'cpBody *' (aka 'struct cpBody *') from incompatible type 'cpBody' (aka 'struct cpBody')

Obviously, easily fixed by assigning to the address. But I wanted to let you know.
TomorrowPlusX

Next

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics