[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - How Do I Animate a sprite that is attached to a cpShape??

How Do I Animate a sprite that is attached to a cpShape??

Official forum for the .

How Do I Animate a sprite that is attached to a cpShape??

Postby NICKLOHAN » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:05 am

NICKLOHAN

Re: How Do I Animate a sprite that is attached to a cpShape??

Postby slembcke » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:48 pm

You should probably ask on the Cocos2D forums. (http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/) I don't know if there are a lot of people here familiar with how Cocos2D animations work.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby NICKLOHAN » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:51 pm

well I guess that I would ask a general question here. How would you animate a cpShape. ie. Blinking the eyes of your main player in game.???
NICKLOHAN

Postby slembcke » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm

I think you misunderstand what a shape is. It's not a graphical thing at all, just a collision boundary. You want to animate the graphics (the sprite), and the code you posted is using Cocos2D for that. Chipmunk just does collisions and physics, not graphics.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby NICKLOHAN » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 am

ok. I think I understand it better now. I also understand, after some more web searching, that I am actually using spacemanager with chipmunk. Which seems to be a bit different (i guess easier) than just straight up chipmunk. I'm still having hard time linking an animated sprite via cocos2d to my cpShape. Hopefully I will have better luck in cocos forum. Thank you very much for your replies!!!!!
NICKLOHAN

Postby mobilebros » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Just saw this.. @NICKLOHAN I'm confused as to why you would think you need to attach sprite frames to a cpShape. Sprite frames would be associated with a sprite, and that sprite would be "attached" to a shape if using SpaceManager's cpCCSprite; you can just animate the sprite like you normally do and not even worry about the fact that chipmunk's controlling the position and rotation for you.
mobilebros

Postby NICKLOHAN » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 pm

NICKLOHAN

Postby akamal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:36 pm

In the draw method of layer:

[sprite setPosition:cpv(body->p.x, body->p.y)];
[sprite setRotation:-body->a*180.0f/M_PI];
akamal

Postby NICKLOHAN » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:15 pm

@akamal
would that cycle through a series of image files???
NICKLOHAN

Postby ndizazzo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:50 am

ndizazzo

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics