[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - random crashes in handleQueryRehashHelper

random crashes in handleQueryRehashHelper

Official forum for the .

random crashes in handleQueryRehashHelper

Postby Vexorg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Vexorg

Re: random crashes in handleQueryRehashHelper

Postby slembcke » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Are you removing objects inside of callbacks? You aren't supposed to, and that is about the only way I can think of for it to crash there.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby Vexorg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Yes I am :)

Ok, I'll try to handle this better by using cpSpaceAddPostStepCallback to remove my shapes and bodies from collision callbacks. I already have a function to collect shapes and free them at a later time though but it looks like that isn't enough.
Vexorg

Postby slembcke » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:40 am

Yup. The post step callbacks were added after much complaining (from me too!) that you couldn't remove objects inside of callbacks. As well as a lot of crashes due to trying. It's perhaps not quite as elegant as just removing it directly, but it works pretty well and helps solve the issue of attempting to remove objects from more than one callback.

I should probably add an assertion that runs in debug mode to check that.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics