[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - Reversing Torque To Move in the Other Direction

Reversing Torque To Move in the Other Direction

Official forum for the .

Reversing Torque To Move in the Other Direction

Postby zacware » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:33 pm

OK, surely a stupid question, as I'm new to chipmunk and haven't touched physics since college, but I've just finished my first game on the iphone using ChipMunk, and the one problem I'm having is having my car move LESS realistically.

I'm apply torque to the front and rear wheels, which have spring and pin joints attaching them to the body, and the car moves great, but when the user wants to go in the opposite direction, the car is slowing down first and then slowly accelerating in the opposite direction.

In the real world, this is how it would be, but this is a game, so I'm trying to get a less realistic response and have the car move in the opposite direction more quickly.

I've tried applying a temporary large negative torque in the opposite direction, but the wheels jump off the car in a ragdoll like fashion

I searched for what I assumed would be a common question, but it appears not to be the case. anyone have any pointers on this for a newbie?
zacware

Re: Reversing Torque To Move in the Other Direction

Postby mobilebros » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:32 pm

mobilebros

Re: Reversing Torque To Move in the Other Direction

Postby zacware » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:11 am

Thanks! I'll try that!
zacware

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics