How to start a new project in Visual Studios 2010

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
greenbizkit33

How to start a new project in Visual Studios 2010

Post by greenbizkit33 »

I got the demo to work in Visual Studio 2010 that was included in the latest release :ugeek: . Now I am so confused on how to start a new project :oops: . I want to run the 'Hello World' example that is shown in the online manual. As you can may tell, I am very much of a noob when it comes to this, so please do not get too technical :D
aisman

Re: How to start a new project in Visual Studios 2010

Post by aisman »

greenbizkit33 wrote:I am very much of a noob when it comes to this, so please do not get too technical :D
For noobs the answer is very easy: Please read the online help of visual studio first. Best way: The section about 'How can I create a new project'.
Chipmunk4PB: The fastest way to write games together with PureBasic and the Chipmunk physics engine.
greenbizkit33

Post by greenbizkit33 »

Thanks, but I know how to start a new project but I get this error:

'demo.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\nathan\Documents\school\ChipmunkLatest\Chipmunk-6.0.3\msvc\vc10\demo\Release\demo.exe', Symbols loaded.
'demo.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
'demo.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
'demo.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll', Symbols loaded (source information stripped).
The program '[3424] demo.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

I just do not understand how to create a new project that will work with chipmunk.
aisman

Post by aisman »

Tell use the output during the compileing time (logs please)
Chipmunk4PB: The fastest way to write games together with PureBasic and the Chipmunk physics engine.