Creating book apps from ground up

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
BusterSpleen

Creating book apps from ground up

Post by BusterSpleen »

Hi to all. :D I'm a complete virgin to all this, I'm basically a pro children's book illustrator who maybe, 'foolishly' is thinking about creating interactive Book apps. My Mac is a G5-but a PPC :| My PC is Intel but still with Windows xp 64 Edition. My problem, if it isn't obvious, is no combination of software/demo I try works. I've had some success with Adobe's Indesign: making a page turning book with simple animation on its pages... But, this was a Flash file. I've since gleaned you can adapt this file to work with the Ipad, (my ultimate goal for the Book apps) but does this still keep the interactivity of the Flash file?
Apologies for being way off beam with this one, it's just very frustrating and this opportunity to produce my own book, therefore bypassing the publisher seems worth a look. Sorry if this is a bit brief of detail, will explain more if anybody feels able to help or direct me in the right direction. Cheers! :oops:
maximile

Re: Creating book apps from ground up

Post by maximile »

Sounds like the iOS development features of Flash CS5 would do the trick for you. You can definitely keep the files interactive (though you might need to make some changes to cope with the touch screen). You'd probably need an Intel Mac.

But you're not likely to get much help here, this forum is just about the Chipmunk physics engine.
BusterSpleen

Re: Creating book apps from ground up

Post by BusterSpleen »

Cheers maximile, that's reassuring I'm following the right track. Thank you for your time.