Device Resolution Question

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
JohnRossitter

Device Resolution Question

Post by JohnRossitter »

Hello All,

I'm new to Chipmunk and relatively new to Objective C, but have been developing for 16 years....so I'm not a complete n00b. I will try to frame my question in the best way that I can.

I have been playing with the example code that was published online at:
http://www.alexandre-gomes.com/articles/chipmunk/

I have been able to make complete sense of the entire sample, but when I port the code to iPad, I have had to trick Chipmunk into understanding the 768x1024 screen resolution by using negative Y coordinates. For example if I try to add a static shape to my space, I have to set its initial position to something like -560 to have it hit the bottom of the screen.

Is there some configuration I need to set in the source/core files that defines my screen resolution?

Thanks...

John
slembcke
Site Admin

Re: Device Resolution Question

Post by slembcke »

Chipmunk just works with absolute coordinates. It has no idea how you are rendering anything.

You'd have to figure out how the tutorial is rendering it's stuff and change the coordinate system so (0,0) is in one of the corners of the display.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
JohnRossitter

Re: Device Resolution Question

Post by JohnRossitter »

slembcke wrote:Chipmunk just works with absolute coordinates. It has no idea how you are rendering anything.

You'd have to figure out how the tutorial is rendering it's stuff and change the coordinate system so (0,0) is in one of the corners of the display.
That is starting to make sense now...
Thanks!