Delphi wrapper and Chipmunk.dll

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
light66

Delphi wrapper and Chipmunk.dll

Post by light66 »

Hello there.
I'm working on a Delphi wrapper for Chipmunk and i tryed to compile latest version as a dll.
All worked well, on my computer, i rewrote all demos in Delphi and they ran OK, but other computers complained about missing glut32.
I used DirectX for the drawing so it's not the demo but me beeing a noob when it comes to VC++ 2008 :)
I know there is a dll floating but i'm having problems making that work with my wrapper.

Is it possible that we could have an official dll version of Chipmunk?
That way there would only be one version.
If not then i could use some directions to compile it so it's only Chipmunk, free of any bindings.

Greets, light.
NoshBar

Re: Delphi wrapper and Chipmunk.dll

Post by NoshBar »

Heya, for what it's worth, I _just_ finished my native Delphi port of Chipmunk this evening, and came here to brag :)

http://www.tisfat.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ ... index.html

It's still a little buggy, but it works alright so far.

I went through compiling Chipmunk with Borland C++ command line tools, making OBJ files out of the C files (required moving all variables to the top of the functions etc), but that resulted in weird crashes.

Sooo I just used my converted headers for a DLL version I built... but then saw how little code there was and thought... hmm... native port....

So there you go.
Use it, don't use it, all the same to me :)
And if you're just looking for a DLL, message me, and I'll gladly send you one I built.

And hi everybody! Chipmunk really is quite stunning.