Problem with using the static lib with Mingw

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
RedHot

Problem with using the static lib with Mingw

Post by RedHot »

Hi everyone :) I am having some hard time to get started with Chipmunk physics library. I am using Dev-cpp as IDE and Mingw as a compiler (based on 3.4.2 g++ and gcc). While compiling the MoonBuggy tutorial I receive an error that "File format is not recognized". I googled it and it turned out that was the static lib sided error. While trying to compile the static lib on my own as a C project i receive an error in the chimpunk.c file " 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode" (I have been using Dev-cpp for 3 years and it's the first time I see a thing like this :| ). If there is no way I will try using Chipmunk with MSVC 2k5 to which I am new :(
Android_X

Re: Problem with using the static lib with Mingw

Post by Android_X »

'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode
I got that error once using the MinGW/gcc compiler when I didn't set the "-std=gnu99" compiler option.
So my guess is you need to add -std=gnu99 to the project "Extra compiler options" so the compiler uses the c99 standard.
RedHot

Re: Problem with using the static lib with Mingw

Post by RedHot »

Hallowed by thy name :D It worked :D !! :o Big cookie for you xP Now I will see if I will manag to get chipmunk working with allegor :D