How can I compile cloud bomber

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
zeofield

How can I compile cloud bomber

Post by zeofield »

I downloaded cloud bomber and compiled it. There were 2 link error

Ld /Users/x/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/CloudBomber-ahabplppybqmuobwigvlqijulqwc/Build/Intermediates/CloudBomber.build/Debug-iphoneos/CloudBomber.build/Objects-normal/armv7/CloudBomber normal armv7
cd /Users/x/Downloads/Chipmunk/CloudBomber-master
setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 4.0
setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch armv7 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.0.sdk -L/Users/x/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/CloudBomber-ahabplppybqmuobwigvlqijulqwc/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -L/Users/x/Downloads/Chipmunk/CloudBomber-master/ChipmunkPro-iPhone-Trial -L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/lib/arc -L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/lib/arc -F/Users/x/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/CloudBomber-ahabplppybqmuobwigvlqijulqwc/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -filelist /Users/x/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/CloudBomber-ahabplppybqmuobwigvlqijulqwc/Build/Intermediates/CloudBomber.build/Debug-iphoneos/CloudBomber.build/Objects-normal/armv7/CloudBomber.LinkFileList -dead_strip -lz -ObjC -fobjc-link-runtime -miphoneos-version-min=4.0 -framework CoreMotion -framework ImageIO -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenGLES -framework OpenAL -framework AudioToolbox -framework AVFoundation -framework UIKit -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework GameKit -lChipmunkPro-iPhone -larclite_iphoneos -larclite_iphonesimulator -o /Users/x/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/CloudBomber-ahabplppybqmuobwigvlqijulqwc/Build/Intermediates/CloudBomber.build/Debug-iphoneos/CloudBomber.build/Objects-normal/armv7/CloudBomber

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/lib/arc'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/lib/arc'
ld: library not found for -larclite_iphoneos
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

How can I compile it successfully?
slembcke
Site Admin

Re: How can I compile cloud bomber

Post by slembcke »

They moved the arclite library location around in the past few versions of Xcode. I just updated the github project to use Cocos2D 2.1b3 as well as enabling ARC the regular way.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
zeofield

Post by zeofield »

Thanks, it's working now. Could you please update other demo projects? Space Patrol also has the same issue.

Multitouch Objective Chipmunk and iPhoneSnap has another error

ld: file is universal (3 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice: /Users/x/Downloads/MultiTouchObjectiveChipmunk/MultiTouchObjectiveChipmunk/Objective-Chipmunk-trial/libObjectiveChipmunk-iPhone.a for architecture armv7s
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1
slembcke
Site Admin

Post by slembcke »

Yup, was working on SpacePatrol today, but didn't get it finished. Should be able to work on it tomorrow afternoon though.

Rather annoying that when upgrading an existing project Xcode automatically enables arm7s compilation. -_- Ensuring that old projects that have static libraries in them don't work.
zeofield

Post by zeofield »

Thank you very much. The engine is really very great!
slembcke
Site Admin

Post by slembcke »

Ok. SpacePatrol and iPhoneSnap are updated.

I moved iPhoneSnap to Github (haven't updated the webpage just yet):
https://github.com/slembcke/iPhoneSnap

More demos on the way! It's good to have some free time away from contract work. :D
ganesha

Post by ganesha »

I downloaded the demo from Github but I get another strange error. "Cannot copy Sky-hd.png" etc. for all images.

Should I run any script to generate the images?
slembcke
Site Admin

Post by slembcke »

Well, I made a build rule that is supposed to use the imageconvert/retinaconvert utilities in the Support/ directory to turn the .psd files into .png files. Check the full build log. Did it run them?

You should see a bunch of these in the build log:

If not... then Grah! What the crap? If it did, then that's also frustrating...
ganesha

Post by ganesha »

The scripts are running and I have spotted the error.

Created image path: "/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SpacePatrol-eehrsqupwmlvbbewmwvqrihvtsiw/Build/Products"

Requested copy path: "/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SpacePatrol-eehrsqupwmlvbbewmwvqrihvtsiw/Build/Intermediates"
slembcke
Site Admin

Post by slembcke »

Huh, that's really weird. I have no idea why it would put them in the wrong place...

The build script is run as:

Code: Select all

"$PROJECT_DIR/Support/retinaconvert" --dir "$DERIVED_FILES_DIR" --tag "-hd" "$INPUT_FILE_PATH"
I wonder if it's because I have Xcode put my DerivedData folder in the project instead and $DERIVED_FILES_DIR isn't actually the correct output location otherwise? I'm not sure why that would be the case though.

I'll fiddle with it for a bit and see if I can reproduce it.

What version of Xcode are you using?