webplayer not working with chipmunk

Chipmunk2D Bindings for the Unity3D engine
rylgh

webplayer not working with chipmunk

Post by rylgh »

Does chipmunk not support web builds, or am I missing something?

I tried running the platformer tutorial as a web build and it seems to freeze as soon as it starts, with the guy hanging in the air. I made a test scene with just a chipmunk body cube and a floor, and the same thing happened. It's not just that chipmunk physics isn't being simulated - the game also doesn't accept input.

Removing all the chipmunk components from objects in the scene and rebuilding allowed the build to accept input again.

Any idea? Thanks!

(Unity Pro 4.1.5f1, OS X 10.7.5, Chrome)
Steve Oldmeadow

Re: webplayer not working with chipmunk

Post by Steve Oldmeadow »

Plugins are not supported in the webplayer.
slembcke
Site Admin

Post by slembcke »

If this is a problem, we can arrange for a refund if you email us at admin (at) howlingmoonsoftware (dot) com.

Which reminds me, while we did mention that dozens of times during the Kickstarter campaign and in forum posts and tweets and such, we never put that information somewhere obvious on the webpage. I apologize for the inconvenience if that was not clear.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
rylgh

Post by rylgh »

It's okay, I think it's something I'd known about Unity's webplayer, but hadn't run into in awhile and had completely forgotten about... and it's not a dealbreaker, just a bit disappointing for game jams.