[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - cpArrayEach is missed on 6.xx

cpArrayEach is missed on 6.xx

Discuss any Chipmunk bugs here.

cpArrayEach is missed on 6.xx

Postby aisman » Tue May 10, 2011 6:10 am

Hello slembke,

I miss a cpArrayEach() on Chipmunk 6.x.x
Chipmunk4PB: The fastest way to write games together with PureBasic and the Chipmunk physics engine.
aisman

Re: cpArrayEach is missed on 6.xx

Postby slembcke » Tue May 10, 2011 10:25 am

Yes. There are no publicly accessible cpArrays in Chipmunk's API. So I made cpArray private. I didn't actually use cpArrayEach() anywhere in Chipmunk's code anymore so I removed it.

What do you need it for? I made official APIs for all the uses of cpArrayEach() that I knew of, so hopefully there is a better way to do what you want.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby aisman » Sun May 15, 2011 3:39 am

Ok. I will update the PureBasic wrapper to Chipmunk 6.x.x.
Thanks.
Chipmunk4PB: The fastest way to write games together with PureBasic and the Chipmunk physics engine.
aisman

Postby aisman » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:28 am

aisman

Postby slembcke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:55 am

drawSpace.c is not part of the Chipmunk API. It also includes chipmunk_private.h to get at some of the low level information that it uses. I rarely if ever use the private API even in my own games because I don't want to maintain them against changes that I make to Chipmunk's internals.

cpArray is a terrible dynamic array implementation. It only implements a tiny fraction of what would be considered useful for a generic implementation. Only the parts that are actually needed by Chipmunk. If you want to write your binding using the private API that's fine, I do with Objective Chipmunk a little. Just don't directly expose the private API because it might change in the future.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Return to Bugs