[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - Chipmunk on the iPhone

Chipmunk on the iPhone

Share your projects and Chipmunk enhancements.

Chipmunk on the iPhone

Postby tlrobinson » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:50 am

I just came across Chipmunk and was inspired to get it running on the iPhone. It's even integrated with the iPhone's accelerometer so the simulation gravity actually tracks the phone's physical movement.

Here's a few videos, and a binary for those with hacked iPhones:

http://tlrobinson.net/misc/iphone_chipmunk_physics/

Right now it's just running the default Chipmunk demos. I'll post the source code if anyone wants to check it out.
tlrobinson

Re: Chipmunk on the iPhone

Postby slembcke » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:37 pm

Sweet. One of my co-workers was all excited to try running Chipmunk on his iPhone. I'll have to send this his way.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby rockhowse » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:19 pm

Haha Awesome work Sr. Robinson! I was the co-worker who attempted to compile chipmunk for the iPhone =P After a week or so, I finally got an environment set up that can create iPhone binaries running Cygwin under XP SP2. I have been able to compile a simple "hello world" binary. But my attempt at compiling Chipmunk was an epic FAIL =( At that point I gave up and was going to try again once I got some free time over the holidays.

Any assistance/recommendations in compiling for the iPhone would be much appreciated as I am an iPhone n00b. I think I was pretty close, but my C/C++ skills are a bit rusty so the details of includes and make files eluded me.
rockhowse

Postby DaveyJJ » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:13 pm

<- Fun, simple, joyful games for the iPhone and iPod Touch
<- Seriously simple fun
<- Developer of fun Unity-made games and home of
DaveyJJ

Postby scorp » Fri May 16, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm currently working on a game for iPhone, which will require up to 50 shapes appearing at the same time. I'm not sure that iPhone will be able to handle that... maybe I should already consider simplifying the game.

It is not entire clear from the movies how good was the performance, but it seem that it was actually pretty good. Sight of demo3 (numerous falling pentagons ) running on the iPhone really gave me some hope. :D
scorp

Postby cugel » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:55 pm

I've got Chipmunk working on the iPhone and just wanted to share a little demo I wrote, nothing fancy but kinda amusing. You can see it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gqJQiaK82o
cugel

Postby maximile » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:48 am

Looks great cugel. Awesome stuff.
maximile

Return to Community Creations