[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - cpSpaceAddCollisionPairFunc performance

cpSpaceAddCollisionPairFunc performance

Official forum for the .

cpSpaceAddCollisionPairFunc performance

Postby matiasmak » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:57 pm

matiasmak

Re: cpSpaceAddCollisionPairFunc performance

Postby slembcke » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:14 am

I guess I've never really stress tested how much collision callbacks impact speed, but I would not expect it to be that much really. Do you have some numbers to back that up? Also, are you sure it's not your collision callbacks themselves that are expensive?
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Postby rfkrakora » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 am

I've noticed this as well, but I have been looking into it and what I have is four walls ( top, right, left, bottom ) all of coll type = 6, and four bodies of coll type 1. What I think is going on for me is when the bodies are sitting on the bottom wall ( floor ) - I get tons of collisions all the time, so my fps when all bodies are on the floor is much lower than it is when they are all not touching the floor. I just have to figure out how to get one collision when they hit the floor and then not "bounce".

Maybe something similar is happening for you?

-RK
rfkrakora

Postby slembcke » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:13 pm

That's a different issue. When objects are touching it means that Chipmunk has to process the collisions. When they are all in the air and not touching the most expensive part of the physics, the impulse solver, doesn't have anything to do.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
slembcke
Site Admin

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics