[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - Bridge Simulation. PLS HELP ME ;A;

Bridge Simulation. PLS HELP ME ;A;

Official forum for the .

Bridge Simulation. PLS HELP ME ;A;

Postby AngieCris » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Yo,

I'm doing a bridge building game and trying to connect the beams with joints.
The center of gravity is at the center of each beam, and I want to add pivot joints at the endpoint of each beam. It's like, the pivot joint is a pin through the endpoints of two beams. But in my simulation the two centers of mass are rotating normally while the endpoints are off. I want the endpoints to be in a good relative distance to the center of mass for them to line up. But I've found it hard to figure out the relative movement from the endpoints to the center.
So is it possible to join all stuffs up by pivot joints? If it's okay, is there a way to make the endpoints line up with the centers, so it looks like it's rotating around the endpoints (but actually the center of mass)?
Thank you so much!! I'm really stuck. Any help will be appreciated!!

Cris
AngieCris

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics