Newbie Question about compiling

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
Geo877

Newbie Question about compiling

Post by Geo877 »

hi, I've downloaded compiled an ran a copy of the cocos2d version of chipmunk in the iphone SDK (this version is just an edit of the open gl commands to open gles). This works fine with no problems. I'm attempting to add the cpmouse files into the src so i can use mouse/touch interaction with my app but when i add any .c and .h file, no matter what the content (even blank) and despite if it's called or not the compiler returns 1261 errors, starting with the precompiling. Is there a list or something of files to compile inside the src folder and it's not expecting the new files? I have no idea and I've searched as far as i can inside the project properties, any clues? :(
Thanks
supertommy

Re: Newbie Question about compiling

Post by supertommy »

The cpMouse stuff is potentially a bit out of date, so I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't build. If you're getting errors even with extra blank files however, the problem must lie elsewhere. If you could paste in the first ten errors or so here, then maybe someone will be able to help.
sporkstorms

Re: Newbie Question about compiling

Post by sporkstorms »

It's been a long time.. but in case anyone comes across this thread by searching (as I did), with a similar problem:

You need to right-click the cpMouse.c file in Xcode, "get info" and change its "File Type" to "sourcecode.c.objc"

- Mark