Gravity Works, Collision Doesn't [Solved]

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
DarkPrince

Gravity Works, Collision Doesn't [Solved]

Post by DarkPrince »

I am really sorry if I missed something important in the 'docs' and examples, but I am pretty sure I looked through the majority of example code and I am not spotting what would be causing such an issue. I have one dynamic object which is suppose to fall and rest on a static object (floor). The problem is at the moment it seems there is no collision at all. I tried Demo1's callback idea and outputs that to a file and ends up there was no collision trigger. I read into the layers bit mask and the collision_type and I am pretty sure I have those either set correctly or leaving them default. I am terribly sorry if I am missing something stupid, but I am new to this 2D physics engine and hope to solve this as it looks quite promising.

The total accumulated lines of source is close to 400-500 lines so I decided to make pastes of it on a paste site (rafb.net). Thank you in advance for your help and I hope keep going with this engine, as I feel it is more to my taste.

Physics.h http://rafb.net/p/KmDuia90.html
Physics.cpp http://rafb.net/p/1f5qS128.html
Main.cpp h[url]ttp://rafb.net/p/Z2Djqr46.html[/url]
Last edited by DarkPrince on Wed May 21, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the pizza boy

Re: Gravity Works, Collision Doesn't

Post by the pizza boy »

I had the same symptoms, solved here: http://www.slembcke.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167
I don't know if your problem is as simple as mine was though.
DarkPrince

Re: Gravity Works, Collision Doesn't

Post by DarkPrince »

So far it doesn't seem that this is the same case. I added some debugging code and with the two entities being created I got the output:
Physics Engine Module