[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - Gravity Works, Collision Doesn't [Solved]

Gravity Works, Collision Doesn't [Solved]

Official forum for the .

Gravity Works, Collision Doesn't [Solved]

Postby DarkPrince » Mon May 19, 2008 12:31 pm

I am really sorry if I missed something important in the 'docs' and examples, but I am pretty sure I looked through the majority of example code and I am not spotting what would be causing such an issue. I have one dynamic object which is suppose to fall and rest on a static object (floor). The problem is at the moment it seems there is no collision at all. I tried Demo1's callback idea and outputs that to a file and ends up there was no collision trigger. I read into the layers bit mask and the collision_type and I am pretty sure I have those either set correctly or leaving them default. I am terribly sorry if I am missing something stupid, but I am new to this 2D physics engine and hope to solve this as it looks quite promising.

The total accumulated lines of source is close to 400-500 lines so I decided to make pastes of it on a paste site (rafb.net). Thank you in advance for your help and I hope keep going with this engine, as I feel it is more to my taste.

Physics.h
Physics.cpp
Main.cpp h
Last edited by DarkPrince on Wed May 21, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkPrince

Re: Gravity Works, Collision Doesn't

Postby the pizza boy » Mon May 19, 2008 6:41 pm

I had the same symptoms, solved here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167
I don't know if your problem is as simple as mine was though.
the pizza boy

Postby DarkPrince » Mon May 19, 2008 11:28 pm

DarkPrince

Postby maximile » Tue May 20, 2008 4:05 am

You could check for incorrect polygon winding, or make sure you added the collision shapes to the bodies. I get lost in C++, but I couldn't see either of these mistakes in yours from a quick glance. I'd try commenting out all of your layer code to make sure it's nothing to do with that (by default, everything should collide). Someone else might spot something more obvious.
maximile

Postby DarkPrince » Wed May 21, 2008 3:06 pm

Yes you are correct about having an incorrect winding on the poly. I guess I really just didn't understand how to determine which way winding goes. Sorry about that, I didn't do enough research.
DarkPrince

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics