VB wrapper?

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
Roy766

VB wrapper?

Post by Roy766 »

Could somebody please to a Visual Basic wrapper, please?

It's one of the few languages I know. I know a little C++, but not enough...

Please excuse my noobishness.
Kingdom Of Fish

Re: VB wrapper?

Post by Kingdom Of Fish »

Why not learn python or something instead? Then you most of the time dont have to ask ppl for wrappers :)
viblo

Re: VB wrapper?

Post by viblo »

I guess you have seen that people have made BlitzMax and FREEBASIC-bindings (in the communit creations part), and they are both languages/dialects based on the basic language as is visual basic.

If you with visual basic mean vb.net, there are a couple of other 2d physics engines and someone even at least started on a port of chipmunk (see the chipmunkxna thread). I have used Faarseer 2d before for an XNA game, and the other .NET-engine I know of, Physics 2d, should be qute good, it is quite similar to chipmunk as they both have borrowed stuff from box2d.
If it is VB6: I cannot really see the meaning of a binding for VB6 or earlier as it is a dying language and have been replaced by vb.net. If you do program in vb6 I advice you to at least try vb.net or another language for the future :)

Or go with python as Kingdom Of Fish suggested (or ruby if you have more trust in slembcke than me). It shouldnt be that hard to learn, not at all like C++ :)
(even if the chipmunk bindings (pymunk) are not stable in any way yet, and might contain one or many bugs..)
http://www.pymunk.org - A python library built on top of Chipmunk to let you easily get cool 2d physics in your python game/app