[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chipmunk Physics • View topic - Help determining if a shape is multi-shaped or not.

Help determining if a shape is multi-shaped or not.

Official forum for the .

Help determining if a shape is multi-shaped or not.

Postby progressxoverdue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:55 pm

progressxoverdue

Re: Help determining if a shape is multi-shaped or not.

Postby Tam Toucan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:19 am

You use the data member of shapes and bodies to store a pointer to refer back to your own objects. In your own object store pointer(s) to all it's bodies and shapes. Make sense?
Tam Toucan

Postby progressxoverdue » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:24 pm

I'm not sure I've completely wrapped my head around it. I'll give it a try and report back.

Thanks for the help!
progressxoverdue

Postby progressxoverdue » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:33 am

Ok, in principle I understand what you're saying, but in practice I can't figure out how to get it to work. In the code example above I've already lost track of one of my shapes by only returning the second shape (I realized that after I'd already posted it). So I'd need to store each shape in an array of pointers to shapes in my body's data member (and not return anything). But when I tried that I had all sorts of problems trying to use that array later because it's of type (void*).
progressxoverdue

Postby Tam Toucan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:40 pm

The easiest way to do it is to have your own classs (say MyObject) which represents items in your world. That class will have a pointer to the cpBody for the object (or pointers if you can have multiple bodies for a single game object) and pointers to the cpShapes for that body (or bodies). The data members of the cpBody and cpShapes will have the MyObject* that they belong to so that you have a two way connection.

You must surely have something like MyObject already so it should be a minor change. Hopefully that's more clear.
Tam Toucan

Return to Chipmunk2D Physics