Existing Chipmunk 7 compatible CCPhysicsDebugNode?

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
workman

Existing Chipmunk 7 compatible CCPhysicsDebugNode?

Post by workman »

Hi,

after upgrading to Cocos2D 2.2 and ChipmunkPro 7, I wanted to replace the CPDebugLayer, which seems to be not supported any more. I am using the C-API, not Objective Chipmunk.
So I read about the CCPhysicsDebugNode, which seems to do the job also for a cpSpace. Apparently this version also is not compatible with Chipmunk 7. Also I can't figure it out to upgrade the code myself, because the "klass" type of the cpShape is not accessible, due to its "private" now.

My question: Is there a Chipmunk 7 compatible version of CCPhysicsDebugNode (or CPDebugLayer) somewhere?
Is it planned to bring an update? What else can I do to easily have my physics debug draw?

THX & Greetz
workman

Re: Existing Chipmunk 7 compatible CCPhysicsDebugNode?

Post by workman »

Alright, thanks for all your help. I've implemented my own solution now. It's possibly not as ingenius as it could have been, but it works. Since I don't wanted to use the chipmunk_private.h header instead of chipmunk.h I had to use some tricks to distinguish between the types of shapes and came up with a solution thats part of my application and not the framework (Cocos2D or Chipmunk), unfortunately. I would have preferred a framework solution.

Also I want to state that I don't understand why it is not possible to comment on my question. I once paid for the ChipmunkPro solution and since the Chipmunk 7 upgrade I feel left somewhat alone with my upgrade problems. Heavy changes in the API; no documentation on upgrading from 6 to 7; incomplete documentation on 7; googling on 7 is hard because all that you find is the old Chipmunk stuff; and as I have seen the examples are also not updated to 7, so useless. So all that is left is this forum, which is referred to as the address for support on the website. Pretty useless, if there is no one to answer :-/