isKinematic related bugs

Chipmunk2D Bindings for the Unity3D engine
compass3

isKinematic related bugs

Post by compass3 »

Hi,

I find if I assign a same value to the ChipmunkBody.isKinematic for twice I will get bug. The isKinematic is in fact not changed, but it seems by doing this, Chipmunk will change some thing.
Last edited by compass3 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
compass3

Re: isKinematic enabled twice and get bug

Post by compass3 »

By the way, it also seems the isKinematic not works well in the Unity Editor. Sometimes click on the selection does not take effect on the object.
compass3

Post by compass3 »

And it seems, every time when a object update its isKinematic, it will lose its mass and moment assigned to it previously.
slembcke
Site Admin

Post by slembcke »

Hmm. It's on the bug tracker now. I did a little testing on that feature, but apparently not enough. :-\
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
compass3

Re: isKinematic related bugs

Post by compass3 »

I find when I set a body to Kinematic. Chipmunk2D will remove it from the space. Which will result in the physics engine do not detect collisions related to this object. However, I need a kinematic object to detect collisions, because I use the shapes as sensor.

I mean I need to disable the physics but enbable the sensor. It seems the only way is to disable the body.

Currently, I am trying to update the transform of static shapes. And In PhysX, I do this by set the rigidbody to kinematic.
ashwin911

Re: isKinematic related bugs

Post by ashwin911 »

I also have a problem when try to switch off kinematic by doing isKinematic = false in code during runtime. Chipmunk physics stop working and a whole lot of errors appear in the log like this one:

Code: Select all

transform.position assign attempt for 'Cube' is not valid. Input position is { NaN, NaN, 0.000000 }.
UnityEngine.Transform:set_position(Vector3)
ChipmunkManager:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Plugins/Chipmunk2D/ChipmunkManager.cs:19)