Set body position

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
KUKA

Set body position

Post by KUKA »

Hi, I have an old version of the engine( 5.3.2 ), because of my programming language no one else writes the header files
I have a few questions:
-How can I change the position of an object?
through body.p := cpv (x, y); fails
-How can I get the result of the collision of bodies?
slembcke
Site Admin

Re: Set body position

Post by slembcke »

That is how you set the position of a body. What fails about it?

Are you setting the position of the body every frame?
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
KUKA

Post by KUKA »

slembcke wrote:That is how you set the position of a body. What fails about it?

Are you setting the position of the body every frame?
I have staticbody he must change the value of x to the value of the x mouse cursor accordingly I update the value of each frame
The failure of the body does not move
slembcke
Site Admin

Post by slembcke »

Static means that it something move or change. So when you move the body, Chipmunk won't update any shapes attached to the static body unless you use one of the cpSpaceReindex*() functions to let it know that it needs to.

The better solution is to use a "rogue" body. Create a body, but don't add it to the space. Chipmunk will update it's shapes each frame like normal (they are separate objects), but it won't update the body's position or velocity automatically.

Also, if you set a body's position each frame, you should also set it's velocity to match. Otherwise you are going to end up with mushy, non-realistic collisions. If you want to do mouse control, you may also want to look at how the Chipmunk demo implements that using joints.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
KUKA

Post by KUKA »

I created an ordinary object, but did not add it in the space. That helped, but if it is not in space, and there is no collision, the other bodies simply fail through.
If you add a space on the body naturally begins to operate the physical model. I can disable the rotation, exposing each frame angular velocity and the angle of zero, but even in spite of the fact that I change every frame of the object's position, it is all the same gradually "falling" down until a new collision, then he returns to the place.
I googled for the old version was the place to be cpSpaceRehashStatic, using it basically works, as long as it suits me, the only, the number of iterations is not displayed on the quality of physics, ie, the body anyway fail the same, regardless I will set 100 or 500 or 10000.
And one more thing. My project is a bit of a breakout. I created a circle, and each frame exhibited his speed, that there was no loss of energy, because after the collision, even if I expose the gravity on the y-axis at 0, sooner or later, the rate begins to fall.
Speed ​​exhibition like this:

Code: Select all

ball.v := cpv( 100, -100);
The problem is that it passes through the other objects, it is possible to fix something?
I had one more question about the collision, he in the first message. The point is that I will need to know the face "ball and bricks", which would then remove from the world of this brick