when disable a shape been told that shape not exist in space

Chipmunk2D Bindings for the Unity3D engine
compass3

when disable a shape been told that shape not exist in space

Post by compass3 »

Hi,

I was disabling a shape, and the chipmunk told me that shape does not exist in the space.
Does this mean chipmunk do not allow disabling a disabled shape? even if I just want to disable it many times?
compass3

Re: when disable a shape been told that shape not exist in s

Post by compass3 »

It may be a bug caused by unity. Since I find Unity will not call OnDisable() function unless it thinks the object is enabled and should disable.
slembcke
Site Admin

Post by slembcke »

Hmm. That's possible. Unity's criteria for calling the different object lifecycle methods is surprisingly complex. (If they are called, and in what order) The documentation doesn't cover a lot of the details so you have to figure it out by trial and error.

Any hints about how to reproduce it would be helpful.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
compass3

Post by compass3 »

I do not know which reason cause this bug. I tried to reproduce many times, the bugs happened. But not because of I added many lines of code that disabling a same shape. The Unity seems to ignore duplicated disabling. However, it will still happened to disable a disabled object, and I do not know what caused that. And I checked the stack of function calls, the OnDisable function was called from the same code that disable the shape.