Ugh. I had a very nice and long post typed up when my F%$#@ing wireless router died. It's barely a year old I think. The wireless stopped responding at least 6 months ago, but at least the ethernet still worked... until now. Two wireless routers to die on me in 3 years. I guess I'll be asking for a new one for Christmas. (end rant)
The grumpy short version of my last post:
I added sensors. Basically the same as Box2D sensors or Unity3D trigger colliders.
I decided on a name and interface for separation functions.
Made a new svn branch for the experimental changes: https://chipmunk-physics.googlecode.com ... nd_sensors
See the pyramid stack demo for a contrived example of both.
(mutters angrily about wireless routers)