Compiling with cmake

Discuss any Chipmunk bugs here.
kmg

Compiling with cmake

Post by kmg »

Your cmake files seem to be out of date. I don't really have any experience with cmake so I can't say for sure, but I tried using cmake to compile the version on the homepage and the latest svn version which I checked out today. The file 'CMakeLists.txt' is referencing a file in several places named 'cpJoint.c' (also cpJoint.h) which doesn't seem to exist anywhere. It also looks like the cmake files have not been updated to take into account the 'contraints' directory. So, cmake complains about not being able to find the file 'cpJoint.c'. I tried just removing the reference to this file in the 'CMakeLists.txt' file, and cmake successfully creates the MAKEFILEs. Now of course the problem is that it can't find the stuff that's being referenced from the contraints directory.

I'm still pretty new to compiling and linking stuff with Linux, and I can't seem to get Chipmunk to compile into my program with g++ ( my program is in C++ ) so I was just trying what I thought was the intended method of compiling. I really wanna start developing with Chipmunk, so if anybody can help me out with how to compile chipmunk into a C++ program, that would be great.

( Also, I did manage to compile the demos with the 'build.sh' script which uses gcc. )

Ubuntu 8.04
Kernel Linux 2.6.24-16-generic
and I'm on an eee pc 900
ker

Re: Compiling with cmake

Post by ker »

That's weird, I'm 99% sure I got the downloadable version to run.

The svn version is messed up currently, but there's a tag called Chipmunk-4.1.0 which works just fine

the command to get that would be:

Code: Select all

svn checkout http://chipmunk-physics.googlecode.com/svn/tags/Chipmunk-4.1.0 ChipmunkTag-4.1.0
kmg

Re: Compiling with cmake

Post by kmg »

Yeah, that was just me being a noob. I was using extern "C" incorrectly. Also, while cmake failed to compile the current svn version, it does seem to be working fine with the tagged version that you pointed me to. Thanks.