Page 1 of 1

Enable Spatial Hash Visualization

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:56 am
by lautarov
Hello everybody!
In the Spatial hashing section of https://chipmunk-physics.net/release/Ch ... test-Docs/ says "Using the spatial has visualization in the demo program you can see what I mean." . I couldn't find how to enable the visualization in the demo :?: , is that possible?
Thanks!!!

Re: Enable Spatial Hash Visualization

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:16 am
by aisman

Re: Enable Spatial Hash Visualization

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:50 pm
by lautarov
aisman wrote:Maybe you have to reread this docu chapter:
https://chipmunk-physics.net/release/ChipmunkLatest-Docs/#cpSpace-SpatialHash

what? I know how to enable the spatial hashing, I want to visualize it... I don't get what you are suggesting...

Re: Enable Spatial Hash Visualization

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:24 am
by aisman
lautarov wrote:... I want to visualize it... I don't get what you are suggesting...

visualizing? What? Maybe it is your part to render it.

Re: Enable Spatial Hash Visualization

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:31 pm
by lautarov
aisman wrote:
lautarov wrote:... I want to visualize it... I don't get what you are suggesting...

visualizing? What? Maybe it is your part to render it.


"Maybe" or maybe not, that's why I asked. The docu says "Using the spatial hash VISUALIZATION in the demo..." suggesting it was already implemented, I don't know, a guideline or something...

Re: Enable Spatial Hash Visualization

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:35 am
by aisman
lautarov wrote:"Maybe" or maybe not, that's why I asked. The docu says "Using the spatial hash VISUALIZATION in the demo..." suggesting it was already implemented, I don't know, a guideline or something...

Its only a docu and VISUALIZATION has differnt meanings.
What you are think to see on the Demo?
I think it is "only a faster "behavior"

Re: Enable Spatial Hash Visualization

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am
by lautarov
aisman wrote:
lautarov wrote:"Maybe" or maybe not, that's why I asked. The docu says "Using the spatial hash VISUALIZATION in the demo..." suggesting it was already implemented, I don't know, a guideline or something...

Its only a docu and VISUALIZATION has differnt meanings.
What you are think to see on the Demo?
I think it is "only a faster "behavior"


After that sentence, there are a couple of photos with grey squares representing the hash cells. I thought "visualization" was referring to that, I mean, viewing that squares in the background.

Re: Enable Spatial Hash Visualization

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:56 am
by aisman
ok.
Maybe you need a second look an the demo sources.
Maybe there is one more switch to show what you miss/mean.