Request Beginners Guide to Chipmunk and Code::Blocks

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
datCloud

Request Beginners Guide to Chipmunk and Code::Blocks

Post by datCloud »

Hey, guys.

Sorry if i cant place this topic here.
Like any other beginner programmer im looking for physics libs and stuff in C and found Chipmunk!
The problem is:
I've already search in this forum for some tutorials and found this:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4870&p=15303&hilit= ... cks#p15303
and this
http://chipmunk-physics.net/forum/viewt ... ocks#p1229

i've tried and tried and even no success.

I've got errors like undefined reference to 'cpCheckPointGreater' and some others like that.

Please, someone could do a Step-by-step with images or a video teaching how to use, from the zero, Chipmunk with Code::Blocks.

Thx in advance and sorry for something
slembcke
Site Admin

Re: Request Beginners Guide to Chipmunk and Code::Blocks

Post by slembcke »

I don't hear people talk about Code::blocks much, and I'm not sure I've ever met anybody who has to talk about it.

That said, the problem you are having is not really Chipmunk related. It's a linker error. The headers (.h) files are used by the compiler to tell it how to generate code that calls a library's code. Then the linker takes all the code it compiled and combines it together. The library itself is separate. (.a, .so, .dylib, .dll depending on system and library type) If you don't tell it to link against a library you are using then it won't be able to find the addresses for the functions and variables (symbols) you referenced in the code generated by the compiler.

How you specify that in Code::Blocks, I don't know, but it gives you something to Google for.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/