<SOLVED>Collisions not coliding

Official forum for the Chipmunk2D Physics Library.
slembcke
Site Admin

Re: <SOLVED>Collisions not coliding

Post by slembcke »

Out of curiosity, how are you calculating damage in the separate callback? Just subtracting a constant? I ask because the impulse and kinetic energy functions for cpArbiter only accidentally work (sometimes) in separate() callbacks. Because the objects aren't colliding anymore when separate is called, the collision data is a frame old and may or may not have been cleaned up yet. I put an assertion for it in Chipmunk 6.1 to warn people about that.

Anyway, post-step() callbacks should work just fine from separate() callbacks (even ones triggered when removing objects), as well as other post-step() callbacks. If you still have an issue with Chipmunk from Git, I'd like to make sure it's not a bug.
Can't sleep... Chipmunks will eat me...
Check out our latest projects! -> http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/wordpress/
jcmeyer5

Post by jcmeyer5 »

I am using the same basic structure you used in Angry Chipmunks.

Haven't tried the new code yet.
Chipmunk Pro and cocos2D 2.x branch for iOS development
jcmeyer5

Post by jcmeyer5 »

I did incorporate the latest version of Objective Chipmunk into my project, and it did solve the postSolve issue. Previously, I had postSolve removing the object, and separate calculating damage. If I didn't remove the object, it wouldn't calculate damage. I consolidated them into one callback in postSolve now, and it works as expected.

Thanks!

Jim
Chipmunk Pro and cocos2D 2.x branch for iOS development